Big Steak For Lady Sussana
2 big cuts of rib eye, the best you can afford
bacon strips, about 4-6
rock salt, freshly ground peppercorn, to taste some black Chinese vinegar, to deglaze pan extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- No need for marinade if it’s a good cut. Trim fats if desired but do not throw – these fats are what will give the flavor.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet. Brown the trimmed fats.
- When oil is rendered, put on the bacon-wrapped steaks.
- Cook to medium rare or medium well.
- Remove steaks from pan, deglaze with vinegar or lemon or some red or white wine.
- Serve with sauteed mushrooms or pan-fried garlic or potatoes or all of the above… plus more!