Jobo’s Oxtail Stew
1 kilo oxtail, with or without skin
1/2 kilo overripe tomatoes, seeded, chopped, mashed by hand
3 stalks leeks, only the white parts, chopped very finely
2 heads garlic, peeled, smashed, minced
1 Tbsp whole peppercorns, freshly ground
1 rock salt
some dry wine or balsamic vinegar
1-inch cinnamon stick
water to cover
extra virgin olive oil aplenty
To Tenderize oxtail cuts:
- Put in Standard Pressure Coooker.
- Cover with just enough water and bring to boil, uncovered.
- Discard the water after the first boil, as this might taste too gamey.
- Refill with enough water to cover and season.
- Pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- Check for tenderness and save the liquid.
- In large skillet, heat a lot of olive oil.
- Sauté leeks till wilted, remove, set aside.
- Do the same for garlic.
- On high heat, press, flatten and scorch the tomatoes.